Wednesday, June 17, 2009

* * * *


A little over 4 months have gone by since Sterling joined our family.
I am as in love as ever!

Little Silver,
At 4 months you are as happy and smiley as ever. You are especially happy when you wake up. Whether from a nap, or in the morning, you wake up babbling to yourself, all the while grinning from ear to ear. Every morning I pull you out of your bed, and lay you down next to me. You giggle and grab my face, talk to me about your dreams, and practice your flirting. I can't get enough of you like that. I want to lock those images of you into my mind for ever. Then we say hi to Dad and Stella. You smile to them, and bat your long eyelashes, and babble on again. Your face is always so bright. You smile at everyone you see. You recently learned to roll over from your belly to your back. Now every time I put you down for a nap on your belly, I come back to find you staring up - talking to the fan. You still love your pacifier. But you also love your hands. You chew on them all the time. Stella has taken to chewing on her fingers now - after watching how much you enjoy it. You weigh 17 and a half pounds. You are definately not going hungry. You wear mostly 6-12 month clothes. You love your bath time, but your bath is getting small, so you splash water all over the bathroom when you do. Every night and morning, I rub cetaphil all over your arms, legs, belly and face. Some days you love it, other days you hate it. I think because you are so ticklish. You still love your stuffed animals and toys. You have especially enjoyed cheing on the soft taggies book you have. And you giggle and smile a ton when we play "trott trott to Boston", or "pattycake". You are starting to resemble your big sister a little more - but I can still see a little of myself in you, which I love. You have slept for 8 hours twice now, and sometimes you only wake up once, but it seems you have stalled on your wonderful sleeping habits. Hopefully I can convince you to get back on the good sleeping band-wagon soon. You still love to cross your ankles, and sleep all swaddled tight. You have learned that you can't always be patient in this house, or your sister may steal all of the attention meant for you too, but you are still generally an understanding soft-spoken little guy who is not too quick to complain. I love you my little man!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my...isn't he the most precious little doll! I want to hug him and kiss him all over. I CANT WAIT til we go to California. Give him lots of kisses from his auntie michelle

Anonymous said...

Melissa congrats on 4 yrs togather and , your children are just darling ,, making any trips to Utah any time soon??? would love to see you and your darling family .. tuddles shelly Johnston

Joneel said...

Meliss.....he is so precious. And beautiful. i can't wait to get my hands on him. I hope we can cuddle
and love and laugh and smile and hug some more. that's what grandkids are for.

heather said...

he's a cutie! dang girl, you know what words to use that bring the tears,. SO precious! Stells is adorable too. keep her cleaning! and do you hire her out? :o).

The Cherry Family said...

I am so jealous of your camera. I want to have adorable pictures like that! I think Sterling is looking more like you. They both are so cute! I love Stella's curls!

SassAFrass said...

Hi Mellisa! Not sure if you even would remember me but I came across your blog and wanted to tell you, you have the most beautiful kids! Their so cute. Congrats