Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day



Valentine's Day will always be extra special for me, because it was on Valentine's day 4 years ago when Andy and I went on our first official date. I'm so glad Andy asked me out, all those 4 years ago, and that it has lead me to the wonderful life I now have. This year - having a real romatic day was going to be tough, but Andy pulled it off pretty well. Of course I got beautiful red roses, and two cards, one from Andy and one (that I wasn't expecting) from Stella. During this extra emotional time, having just had a baby and all, of course they brought tears to my eyes. Then we went out to Coldstone, and shared some delish ice cream, and then Andy and Stella made me some fantastic, and romantic food. It was wonderful, and I am so grateful to Andy for making the day as special as it could be for the two of us, while we are still adjusting to the four of us.

5 comments:

Joneel said...

Andy, so you pulled it off. Another great Valentines Day. You ARE the man.

Deb said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice Valentine's Day. I love Stella's little apron... it's good she's such a 'helper.'

Jamie said...

Sweet husband.

Sterling is adorable. How different to have a boy, huh? I find out what I'm having in two weeks and am pretty darn excited.

So, question...I'm taking my clothing construction class yet again (third semester) and I'm having a hard time finding projects to make. I was thinking I would love to make some of those darling little dresses and shirts like the ones you made for stella (for baby gifts or for my baby if it's a girl). Did you make up the pattern yourself or did you buy it?

Let me know! Congrats again!

Jessica and Tim said...

What a sweetheart you got! Yeah Andy!! It takes a lot of patience to let a toddler "help", so I give major kudos to your man.

Sandy: said...

Melissa, how do you add that "I belong" link to your blog? I've seen it on a few people's, but I'm not computer literate enough to know how they do it. Please share......thanks. P.S. Congrats on the new baby. He looks like a real cutey, just like Stella. Love all the fun pictures.