Sunday, February 1, 2009

January is gone...

and I thought for sure I would have a little boy in my arms by now. For sure! A February baby? Seriously? I cannot believe I am still pregnant. I was so bummed that I needed to try to wait until this past weekend to have the baby, so that Andy wouldn't be in school, but now the weekend has come and almost gone, and it looks like I am destined to have the baby on a school day, or wait till next weekend. Not happening, the waiting till next weekend part - at least if I can help it. However, it appears I can't help it, or at least haven't been able to so far. I am all ready, washed all his clothes, hung up his cute little shark towel, car seats in the car, half my maternity clothes are already packed away, just keeping the ones out I need, and can wear after he comes without looking like I'm still pregnant, but he is on hold. I was making such great progress in the beginning, I was a little worried my mom wouldn't make it out here in time due to her flight. Well, she got here over a week ago, and doesn't have much more time here before she has to leave, so he better make it quick! How many pounds a week do they gain in the end. Man, he may end up a ten pound baby - kinda doubt it, but at this point, he's fooling me all over the place, so maybe he will be. I have had good contractions fairly regularly 4 times now, but rather than progressing like they should, after a few hours, they just stop. Ummm... thats not how it is supposed to work. Oh well. Maybe all the football sounds of the superbowl today will coax him out. Thats what I'm hoping. Next post should = baby announcement... at least I think so.

9 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

I hope he comes soon Melissa! Can't wait for the announcement, we're so excited for you. Good luck with everything!

The Cherry Family said...

I have been on pins and needles for you this whole week! I keep checking you and your Mom's blog, and nothing! What a stinker! Has your doctor talked about inducing yet? Hopefully he'll come soon.

A. Smith said...

All 5 of my babies were a week late. I know not what you want to hear. I know some Natural things that could help, call or email me if your interested, but hopefully he will come before you have a chance to do them. I know it's hard, just remember, he is getting his last few instructions up in heaven to be able to handle this crazy world! I have always known with my kids that they are with Danielle and she is preparing them for the Smith family. Love you guys! He'll be here soon!

Jessica and Tim said...

I have been checking your blog several times a day (which is so not normal for me to be on the computer that often) and I was sure the lack of news was that you were in the hospital. Golly darn - that totally stinks. Both of my labors started like yours has - and both of my babies were posterior. That might have something to do with it. Ask your doc. I HOPE HOPE HOPE that he comes soon. I am so excited for you! I was induced with this last baby and it really wasn't that bad. Go for it if it comes down to it.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Thanks for the congratulations :) I'll be checking everyday now in hopes of an announcement. Good luck!

heather said...

I'm like Jess, I check your blog AND your moms a few times a day! The suspense is killing me!!! not as much as you I am sure! I'll keep checking!!! Good luck!

moultriefam said...

That's exactly what James did to me, I went to the hospital 5 times before he came! Good luck, hope it happens soon

alma and nicole smith said...

man, i am so stinkin anxious for that boy to come out! i keep asking alma every day if he's heard from andy and if you've had the baby yet! in all your frustrations of waiting, you can think back to seeing jagger and be grateful he's staying in as long as he needs to be :) love you guys! good luck with everything. keep us posted!!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh Melissa, I feel for you. That is exactly what I did with Annabelle... all packed up, ready to go, and waking up each day STILL PREGNANT! And I wanted a "September" baby so badly, and she came October 4th. So hmmm, tomorrow is the 4th, we'll see!