Thursday, February 12, 2009

Out-numbered


So my Mom is gone, and I'm left alone all day with these two little munchkins. I won't lie - I was stressed out about this moment, but it has worked out much better than anticipated. The biggest problem is just making sure Stella gets enough attention to know she has not been replaced. This is the only thing I worry about. Otherwise, everything is fine. (well, and the lack of sleep is becoming quite the problem, but thats a whole different issue.) So it seems I will be able to take care of two at the same time all by myself - and I just have to hope Stella will be understanding towards me, and get back to really loving me soon. Thanks Mom - for helping us out so much with Stella, we know - it was your pleasure, but we (especially me) really appreciate it.

4 comments:

Joneel said...

Hi sweetie, you just brought tears to my eyes. I've been really emotional. It's hard leaving loved ones so far away. I LOVED being there to take care of STella, and meet little Sterling right off the bat. I miss them way too much. But I'm so happy to see that you feel like you CAN do it. I know you can, but it's always nice to find that out for yourself. Hugs and kisses, and keep the pictures coming. (PS, I was humming head, shoulders, knees and toes today. Brought a smile to my face)

Mike and Katie said...

let me tell you, you have some really cute kids!! Stella and Sterling are soo adorable! You are going to have to watch out with those too =)

Partyof9 said...

Hi Melissa

I know how overwhelming it can be. It will start getting easier. I didn't tell you but Carsen and Logan are 19 months apart too. I think you said that Stella was 19 months. They are going to be best friend's! Just you wait.
If you need a break or want some company please call me. I would love to come over with Logan and Emmy and play.
Lean on your friends and church family. We are here for you, k? Don't be afraid to call me. I really am here to help..and willing!

Have a great Valentine weekend!

Jessica and Tim said...

The first few days alone are always met with trepidation, but I'm proud of you for being so positive about it. I hope Sterling is sleeping a little better for you. I've found that if I let Chet "help me" with whatever I am doing like cooking, dressing the baby, cleaning, etc, he has adjusted a lot easier to not being the sole attention getter.