Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Picked On


Literally. I cannot help myself. I have to pick at this little guy all day long. It's not my fault. It's genetic you see. My grandparents pick, my dad picks, and therefore - I pick. It drives Andy crazy. He spends a good amount of time trying to get me to stop picking. I pick at my arms, dry skin, the occasional zit, peely sunburns, etc. Stella may have this trait also. We have caught her recently picking at a sore on her finger. So since the little man has baby acne, he is getting picked on. I have made a little promise to stop though. This way he won't have red spots on his face along with the zits. I will still pick his dry skin, but not anymore on his face... poor little guy.


Sterling is growing like a weed. At his two week appointment last Thursday he weighed 9 lbs, 9 oz. He is already outgrowing his newborn clothes, and has a couple chins. He was 75th percentile for weight, and 90th percentile for both head measurement and height.



We took Sterling to Sacrament meeting last Sunday. He did fantastic. Slept the whole time. He was probably just really tired from being up all night;).


We sure love having the little man around. Stella continues to take out a little of her aggression on the poor guy - but she also loves him a ton. She loves to kiss him, probably a little too much.

7 comments:

Joneel said...

Oh My Gosh. What sweet adorable pictures. In the Sunday clothes pic, he sure resembles Stella. He is growing so well. And, STOP THE PICKING ALREADY !!! ha ha ha ha ha

moultriefam said...

I have the same picking problem, we should start some type of support group...thanks to all the lund pickers for the bad habits!

The Cherry Family said...

Ok, so as I was reading this I was thinking, Do I remember Melissa doing this? I seriously can't remember you ever picking yourself. Maybe a sunburn. I'm guessing it's something that I'd notice/remember if I was around you more. :( Sterling has grown a lot, that's really good. But yes, don't pick his sweet face.

Partyof9 said...

He is darling and getting so big.

I have to admit, I'm a "picker" too.

Remember, call me if you need anythiing. I will still call and bug ya sometimes just to make sure you remember. ;D

Lacey said...

He is so cute and getting so big. I picked at all of Lexi's baby acne. It drives Jason crazy too. Glad everything is going great.

Jessica and Tim said...

Sounds like your household is the same as mine. Is Sterling sleeping better for you?

Stacy Pettersen said...

Sterling is looking so handsome! Oh, and maybe this will help with the "picking" promise... I never picked at Annabelle and when she got a zit it went away in less than a day (but that could be a coincidence).