Monday, February 9, 2009

More pictures


We are so excited to have little Sterling home with us. He is so precious of course, and we are trying our best to get adjusted. Stella has been treating me a little differently, preferring her father or Grandma Lund, but is slowly starting to warm up to me again. She loves to hold Sterling (pictures of that after they are uploaded) but only if he is NOT crying. When he cries - she gets a little scared of him. She now says his name - which is the sweetest little thing to me. She is able to pronounce it pretty well too - so that is fun. Today in the car she told me over and over again that "Sterling, night night" because he was asleep. Sterling unfortunately has his days and night mixed up - so I have not gone to bed before 5 in the morning since we have been home. This is the reason not much blogging or picture taking has hppened since we got home. I am sooo exhausted, and am trying so hard to keep him up all I can during the day, but you know how it is trying to keep a tired baby awake. Practically impossible. So far he takes a pacifier fantastically - which makes me want to shout for joy, and he also sat in his swing while we ate dinner tonight (hallelujah)- something Stella never had the patience for. So if we can just get this whole sleeping at night thing down, I think things are going to work out just as I had planned. Hopefully I will be back to blogging as normal - and maybe do a couple little "photo shoots" of the kiddos for all to see. As for now - I am off to bed - or something like that.










10 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Congratulations Melissa and Andy. What a beautiful family you have. Much love.

Taryn said...

He is just so precious. I'm sure those moments of watching Stella and Sterling are the best. Congratulations on your new addition, I hope the sleeping gets better soon!!

Larsen Family said...

i'm jealous! good luck with two. I know you will do fantastic!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Too cute! I loved seeing all the new pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post! Good luck getting him switched to days or nights . . .

The Luisi Famiy said...

They are so cute together!!!! Congrats. Now, I just hope he can get on the real day and night schedule and you can get some rest.

heather said...

yay! more pics! I LOVE the one with Stella kissing Sterling! TO PRECIOUS!! good luck with the sleep.

Jessica and Tim said...

Mel, you look absolutely beautiful. I wish I looked that good after labor. Do you have Sterling on an "eat, play, sleep" schedule? That's all we did and both kids switched pretty well. I still think Stella is the most beautiful child I've ever seen. Your pictures all look great. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep.

Deb said...

Melissa, I'm SO excited for you guys. He is adorable, and it's doubly adorable to see Sterling and Stella together. What beautiful babies you make! I can hardly wait to see him...and the rest of you before too long.
BTW: you TOTALLY don't look like you just gave birth in those pics. Must have been no sweat. ;)

The Hood Family said...

Congratulations from the Hood family! We would have come to see you in the hospital if we'd known. Glad it went so well for you this time. The pictures are beautiful. Please let us know if we can do anything. :)

Denise said...

Congrats! It will be fun to have those two so close. You all look great. What a darling little boy.