Sunday, April 20, 2008

Double Digits

Today Stella turned 10 months. Crazy! She has been extremely wild today - in the middle of sacrament meeting, out of nowhere, she screamed at the top of her lungs for everyone to hear. The young women behind us started giggling, and about 20 people looked back at us including the guy directly in front of us - who turned around while clenching his ear. (sorry dude - hope there is no permanent damage) We had no warning she was about to let her feelings all out - she literally just screamed for no reason. She wouldn't sit still at all during church, or all day for that matter. At one point I took her out of the chapel into the hall because she was being so noisy, whining and whining because she was tired. In the hall she was a perfect angel, just staring at everyone as they walked by (the other ward had just been released) so I decided to take her back in thinking maybe she was all good. As soon as I got to our row, and Andy started to clear the seat for me, she arched her back and burst into tears. Man - DRAMA QUEEN! After church we went outside and blew some bubbles - maybe I will add pictures of that later.


Stella is becoming more and more of a daddy's girl. She loves her time with him. He says I can make her laugh more than anyone else - but you wouldn't know she loved me if you saw the three of us together. I pretty much don't exist when Andy is around. I am glad they are both so fond of eachother, and one day - maybe one day, she will actually show me some attention while her Dad is around. Until then I will try to enjoy the little breaks I get when he comes home from school, or on the weekends.



Every morning when Stella gets into bed with us - she goes right for the monitor. She loves the lights. She is growing so quickly - and we cannot get enough of each stage (except maybe the screaming in sacrament stage...but that one probably won't be done for a while). We love watching her learn. She picks up on so many things these days. She is independent. She basically refuses to eat anything from my hands, she has to do it herself. This makes for quite the mess, and I'm pretty sure she isn't getting enough food because most of it ends up in her hair and on the high chair - but she will learn soon I hope. She LOVES drinking out of Daddy's cups - and from a straw. She has learned to get herself off of the couch, and is very proud of herself for that one. She loves to stand by the window and look/YELL out. She still loves being outside. She has re-learned to like her baths. (good thing too!) She has outgrown her infant carseat in height - and her new one is on the way. We are hoping she will love it. Lots of people say how tall she is. (Thanks to her Dad) We love her so much and are enjoying how fun she is right now.

6 comments:

Joneel said...

Melissa, I think we have a budding professional photographer here. Pretty darn good pictures. Beautiful subjects, for sure!!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

What a gorgeous little one! I am sorry for the sacrament meeting screams, I couldn't wait for nursery once Annabelle was more mobile. Good luck :)

Taryn said...

Wow, I wish I could take pictures like you... I love that first one of her and Andy. Isn't church hard to try and keep them somewhat happy for THREE hours?!

Kristie Lee said...

She sounds so much like Makenna was at that stage! Makenna was also a screamer and everyone at church probably knew that too! I love how you said the guy turned around holding his ear... hahaha I love the pictures- so cute!

alma and nicole smith said...

well, for all the trouble she sure does look like an angel. its funny because EVERYTHING you talked about i know EXACTLY how you feel. crazy how alike they are!! dealing with the squealing, wheeling jagger by myself during sacrament meeting...not fun one bit. 2 1/2 more months of this, man that seems like a long time! jagger loves to play with the base of the monitor because he has figured out that you can hit that middle thing and the light turns on and off. i still plan on calling...and now that check-ins are basically over hopefully i'll have more time to actually do it! miss you guys!

alma and nicole smith said...

we rented that baby carrier from the ORC (free rentals because alma worked there!). we looked into buying one, but they are just too expensive and we wouldn't use it enough to get our moneys worth i dont think. i'm waiting for a new post about your trip! too bad you guys couldn't have popped up to see us while in provo!