Thursday, February 28, 2008

My soon to be new obsession

My Mother-in-law Audrey is a fantastic seamstress and she sent me a package yesterday. To my surprise, she got me a sewing machine! I wanted to go out and buy some fabric as soon as I opened it. Lately I have become very interested in sewing because I want to make Stella lots of cute little dresses and outfits. Now I can...or at least I can try. I don't really sew. I made some boxer shorts in 8th grade home arts class, and my Mom helped me and my sister make some shorts when I was in probably 5th or 6th grade while we were at my Grandma's house over summer vacation, but really I can't sew. Now I am very excited to learn! Look forward to some posts of Stella in her homemade clothes!

Thanks Duane and Audrey!!!

5 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

AWESOME! i actually talked to mom yesterday and she told me she got you one! we got one from them for christmas...and i love it! although we have had quite the time trying to find the right bobbin. once we get that, i also have plans of trying to make some cute things for jagger...we'll see how they turn out though!! :)

Joneel said...

Wowser!!! I can't wait to see your
creative side come out. I know it will. Just hope you can find the time to do everything that you want to.

Kristie Lee said...

WOW! Melissa that is awesome! Husqvarna makes excellent sewing machines and that one looks really nice! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Jamie said...

What a thoughtful mother-in-law. I can't wait to see your projects. I'm taking a clothing construction class right now at the junior college. Very challenging, but fun.

Joe and Tammy said...

be careful not to get too addicted. i got all gung-ho on making a bunch of scarves and stuff. and i made half of one, and still have 3 laundry baskets full of yarn that i never got to because i all of a sudden found myself with 2 more kids! it's tons of fun to have something to look forward to, and actually do it. i'm excited for you, and if you have any questions, my mom is an expert seamstress.