Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mitt Romney For President!!!!


Andy and I have been participating in the Mitt Romney For President campaign. Every Tuesday we call and tell people the latest and greatest of Mitt's policies at a little call center near our home. (OK, we have actually only called one night so far, but we will be doing it every Tuesday from now on.) This last Tuesday, however, there was no calling to be done because something much more exciting was going on! MITT WAS HERE IN SOUTH CAROLINA!! We went and listened to him make some very good points, and then got to take our picture with him. He was very impressive, as well as very kind.
This campaign thing sure brings out the competitive side in me. I have the urge to get all the other people running on the phone and give them a piece of my mind. Mostly I just want to tell them they are stupid and to quit running now because they have no chance. I can't imagine how crazy I would be if Andy was running. I will feel a great sense of satisfaction if Mitt wins. I will feel like I actually made a difference - so I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Andy sure likes to be a part of all the hoopla as well. His interest in politics is something I have always admired in him.




Jeramia got Mitt's autograph! His mom said he thinks he is the coolest boy in the world now after meeting The Future President.



8 comments:

Larsen Family said...

how exciting. That's cool that you got to meet him. Also...it's awesome to have your mom come and visit. It's always fun to have grandma in town. Have fun hanging out!

Jamie said...

I've had a crush on Mitt ever since we lived in Boston last year. Amazing!

Elizabeth J. said...

Hey is that the same tie...

http://picasaweb.google.com/AEJohanson/July2007/photo#5092762799279201202

How cool that you got to go listen to Romney. It's fun that you and I get to have the same experiences as old married folk - just like we used to when we were young single hoodlums!

alma and nicole smith said...

Alma told me about this the other day when he talked to Andy! thats so awesome!! i don't really like politics all that much because people get so crazy...including me. i hope mitt wins! we need to register to vote asap!

Ashley K said...

That's so awesome Melissa...I hope he wins too! He's a great guy!

Deb said...

I'm so excited for you guys that you got to meet The Future President. Also, that you are helping on his campaign. I hope he wins!! btw: Melissa, you look beautiful! I know everyone is always gushing over Stella, but you look completely radiant...so happy. It's nice to see...

Joneel said...

I was just showing this to Julie, and she thought the sky was a backdrop, not the real sky. Fun huh?

Michelle said...

SOOOOOO Jealous!!!! I want to meet Mitt Romney...that is so cool that you guys are involved in the campaign...I totally know what you are talking about when you just want to yell at people, tell them they are stupid and make them think the way you do...people these days