Friday, October 12, 2007

elephants, zebras, and chicks...oh my!

We went to the South Carolina state fair yesterday, and I had the most fun I've ever had at a fair. We were able to see some amazing animals, like a zebra and an elephant. RAD!! They also had probably the most genius food there - deep fried pepsi. Not quite sure how they do it but thats what I'm talkin' about. Take pepsi - one of the best foods on earth, and then deep fry it, we didn't try it but that has got to be delish.


Stella was supposed to be sleeping when we got there, but she was very excited, which you can kind of tell from the picture. (doesn't Andy kind of look like Borat in this picture?)






This rabbit weighed more than Stella. She wasn't interested in it though, she was too busy checking out all the people around.


I was picked to be one of the cheerleaders for the pig races. Our pig was named Hillary Rod-Ham Clinton. Don't worry folks, she didn't win, and unfortunately neither did Britney Spare-ribs. I think the winner was Arnold Schwartsenhogger.


This pumpkin was a wopping 291 pounds! We did the wall of nails, and it was pretty funny. I think the picture of me may just be the most flattering picture ever taken, and Stella even did it. She was a little freaked out by it, but she didn't get upset or anything. Sorry - Andy's picture didn't come out to well.

Andy
Me
Stella

7 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

wow i love this post!!! it looks like you guys had so much fun! i love the picture of stellas bed of nails, thats hilarious! i bet she loved being shoved in there!! i also think the pigs names were very funny...and clever! awesome pics!!

Joneel said...

aaaaahhhhh baby, these are so sweet. Man, that bed of nails picture of you is va va va voom!!!
Stella is a beauty. So so big.
Andy is a cutie, but it looks like he warms up through out the day =)

The Cherry Family said...

that dress that stella is wearing is so cute. i see it at the gap almost everytime i'm there, which isn't that often and i always want to buy it but it's never in savannah's size. it looks cute on stella though.
and yes, i agree with you joneel, the bed of nails picture of melissa, holy cow, big boobies!!

Ashley K said...

Lol. I love that bed of nails. Stella's is pretty funny. I love yours!

alma and nicole smith said...

Deep fried Pepsi...FREAK YES!!! Borat... TOTALLY!!! Hilary Rod-ham, Britney Spare-ribs, and Arnold Schwarzenhogger... what would you call me if I were a pig???
Alma

Deb said...

I'm with the others... that "Stella in Nails" pic is so funny! It looks like you guys had a great time and those carmel apples look tasty. And yes, I can totally see the Borat resemblance... so sad!

Deb said...

Sorry, I hit enter too soon! Melissa, you look like one of those hot female action figures with, um, that rack and tiny waist. I'd say Wonder Woman, but can't quite see the tiara. I'm sure it's there somewhere!