Sunday, February 14, 2010

what a difference a year makes...


Can you believe this was him just one short year ago??? This year seems so short. So much shorter than Stella's first year was. He has grown up way to fast.


Sterling, a little about you at one year old...

You love to laugh, shake your head like a wild man, and yell. Lots of yelling. Actually, I don't even know if it can be considered yelling, because it is more like screaming your head off at the top of your lungs, and it's high pitched too. You make dad's ears hurt. You make me feel like I am back in my childhood.
You love your food... but you love it from the floor. Somedays I think meal time would be much more productive if I just scattered your food all around the house. I guess you like the hunt.
You love sippy cups - but mostly just because Stella uses them.
You gag on milk.
You refuse to sleep through the night, or for longer than about 30 mins per nap, and you only take two of those a day if I'm really lucky. Sleeping is your biggest enemy yet... lets hope you make friends with it quickly!!! In fact, today, you did not want to nap. We left you in your crib anyway, and FINALLY you fell asleep. When you woke up - you had little white flecks all over your face. I went and looked at the crib to discover bite marks, and chipped paint all over the front railing. (I was really hoping the crib would stay in good shape dude - not cool) You bite when you are angry. Hmmm...
You walk... and it is adorable. We call you Franken-Sterling because you hold your arms out in front of you the way he does.
You wear size 4 shoes, and size 9-18 month clothes.
You weigh 22 and a half pounds - about 50th percentile. You are about 90th percentile for both your height and head circumfrence.
You love toys. You could fiddle around with them all day. You also love videos. Especially ones with music on them. You will dance your little heart out - and shake your bum... too cute!
You try so hard to talk. You say mama, dada, and a sterling version of thank you (tay-too), peek-a-boo ( peh - peh), Stella (tella, della or lella depending on the day), and most other things are grunts or ohph...
You love to pull hair, stella's hair to be more specific.
You still love to cuddle, and we LOVE that!!!
You giggle when you get what you want. (especially when what you want is to get in our bed around 5 or 6 in the morning...)
You play fetch with yourself, throwing balls around the house, and then chasing after them, and you love to roll the ball back and forth with me or with Stella.
You know some sign... but mostly only use all done and more for communication purposes.
You love to scratch. Everything, everyone, you don't care. This morning your were even scratching my thumbnail - so much it was driving me crazy!
You don't even know what quiet is.
You are about the sweetest little boy there ever was
WE LOVE YOU little dude!

2 comments:

Joneel said...

I have to say that Sterling is resembling his mother in that first picture. His lips, his head,
but I'm sure Andy is in there too.
His personality is pretty darn fun.
I love the way you documented. Too bad about the biting on the crib. That would bum me out too.
Anyway....we sure love that Sterling boy.

Jessica and Tim said...

Holy crap Mel. I haven't blog stalked you in ages. I love the hair. I can't believe your little guy is so big. It's crazy to think our kids are getting older. Jaisey's first year was way faster than Chet's too. Hope all is well and that you are adjusting to the snow!! Much love!