Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hamburgers and sand... yum yum!

We went to the park for an evening picnic the other day... and we had one big fat good time! The kids can be entertained for hours on the swing, and mom can be too, if she has her camera in hand. (WARNING!!! This post is super long with millions of pictures - ok...33 - but still. You may get bored. Sorry. Even Grandpa's and Grandma's of these sweet little munchkins may get bored. Sorry. But seriously, I could not let even one more picture go without being put here and saved in our "blog book" for generations to come. Their faces are just too precious to not be included in our blog, and the following book. So, you get a long long long post, but I get memories captured and kept forever. I win out. Here it goes...



As you can tell, the kids giggled their little hearts out swinging. Sterling was cool going just as high as Stella, only making the "HOLY CRAP" face a couple of times. Stella didn't even mind having Sterling squished in the swing with her... until the end, but she couldn't stay upset about it, not for long. Just another push "way up high" was all it took to make her forget all about her squished situation.




Sterling was having so much fun in fact, that he left a puddle of drool under the swing because he had no time for swallowing, or closing his mouth. Too many laughs to laugh and smiles to smile. LOVED IT! And he didn't mind Stella in the swing with him one bit. He loves his big sister soooo much. In fact, when Stella has been not such an angel, and has to spend some time in time out, Sterling quickly runs to her door, and waits there for her to come out. Often while waiting there, he will cry with her, or yell into the door - probably trying to say..."I will rescue you, one minute, if I keep screaming loud enough mom will surely come and get you outta there just so I'll stop being so loud!" Sweet little boy loves his big sis sooo much. They are going to have great memories together - the two of them - best little buds.


I know, I know, poor Stella got the short end of the stick when it came to seating arrangements. She had to constantly contort her head to one side to see where she was going, and she had to be basically 100% vertical in the swing. I wanted them both facing the same direction, and so I couldn't criss-cross them like usual, so she had to pretty much stand on air the whole time. Poor little girl. But she didn't seem to mind one bit. In fact, she even thought it was kind of fun because her feet would drag in the sand.



They just couldn't stop giggling! So much fun on the swings!








This next one is my new second favorite picture of all time...

And this one is my new favorite picture of all time. Sterling was turning around to give Stella a kiss. HOW SWEET IS THAT! He is such a lover boy!

Finally we made it off the swings and onto the slide.




Look how sweet he was being again. Waiting for Stella to make her way back down the slide so they could chill together again. He is seriously so in love with her!


This next one is totally blurry... I know. But I love it anyway!


If any of you were wondering how Andy likes to make me a paranoid wreck... now you see. He was actually telling the kids to get closer to the burning coals. Yes, closer. I'm not sure what I will do with him.

Ohhh... but he did make some delish hamburgers. Sterling would have been cool with just the sand. (don't worry... he didn't eat too much) Thats what I call a good time!



8 comments:

Joneel said...

OH MY !!! When you are the grandma, I think it's fun no matter how many pictures there are.
Some beautiful shots. LOVE EM !!

Partyof9 said...

I'm not a Grandma OR family and I LOVED all of those pictures! I could just hear the giggling.
I loved your favorite shots AND my favorite is the one where Sterling is looking at the camera and Stella is looking into the sky with her hair floating around her.

I loved the "Holy crap" refrence because I SO know what that face is! hahaha

The Cherry Family said...

Great photos. I'm going to have to try to find a swing around here cause I think my kiddos would enjoy that too. although, cooper really freaks out when he catches air....

Mike and Katie said...

You seriously have such a talent at taking photos that I am sure anyone would not get bored looking at them all...they are soo cute!!

heather said...

phew, I made it through! ;oP. Just kiddig, they were FANTASTIC. The kids have gotten SO big! Looks like y'all had a grand ol' time. Swings ROCK!!!!

alma and nicole smith said...

love these! your second fav pic is my #1 fav. the lighting is delicious and kids are just darling. i have a proposition to make, so could you send me your email??

Lund Family said...

Those photos are beautiful! What a fun evening for you fam.

Jamie said...

These pictures absolutely capture the joy of childhood. Oh it just makes me want to be a little kid right about now.

Also, checked out the Etsy shop. Such beautiful stuff! Way to go. I actually just made a onesie dress yesterday. Well, i made the entire skirt part but i'm having trouble attaching it to the onesie.