Monday, February 8, 2010

Celebration


We celebrated Sterling's big day on Saturday, and he had a blast. He loved his cake - which was rewarding for me - because you would think a one year old would care less - but he sat by the sliding door - staring out at his cake (we stored it on our back porch to keep it cold since it didn't fit in our fridge for a few hours before the "party") and kept grunting in an effort to make us see he wanted it. Made all the effort worth is and so funny.


He also loved opening presents. He kept clapping, and smiling. He was spoiled by the Rozmus's and his buddy Dominic.





Stella was a great helper!



He pretty much thought his birthday ROCKED!!! And we did too. Super fun times!

7 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

Love the cake!! I don't even want to know how long it took to do that, but it looks awesome. We're doing Cooper's b-day in monkeys too, but I don't think I'm going to attempt a monkey cake. hey, how are you able to make your pictures so big?

heather said...

Happy Birthday Little Man!!! Great looking Cake Blonde! Glad that Stella (and dad) is such a good helper!

Ashley K said...

Love that birthday cake. I can't believe he is already one. Time flies. P.S. I still can't get over your hair. It looks so good.

Joneel said...

Sterling. You Rock!

Deb said...

So funny he was into it like he was. It's CLEAR from the pics that he had a blast. Such a crack up. And Melissa? Still gorgeous with the new hair!

Mike and Katie said...

Too bad we don't live close so you can teach me how you make those amazing cakes!

Jaime said...

That was the cake you made?! My kids get a cake like that when I buy it! Other than that, it comes in a 9X13 pan. :) And your pictures are so nice and professional looking! I wish I would have thought of that neat idea to write down all of those things to my kids like you did Sterling, but alas, my brain doesn't remember too much these days. Each progressive kid seems to blend in with eachother. :)