Friday, November 28, 2008

That's right folks!  Andy is 32!  Can you believe it?  He says he had a pretty good birthday this year.  It all started Saturday night - when I took Andy out on a date.  This was no ordinary date though - it was our second official date since Stella was born.  The Saturday before we had left Stella with a babysitter for the first time to go on a date.  Can you believe it took us that long to really leave her with a babysitter?  We actually did a lot better than expected.  We did not talk about Stella the whole time, and we felt bad for the people we saw with babies or toddlers in tow.  Stella also did very well.  She played and played and enjoyed herself the entire time.  Not even one tear was shed.  So we gave it a second try for Andy's birthday.  Once again, no problem.  This time, Stella was even put to bed without us.  This was a first - and she did just fine.  This was definately a relief considering we will have to have a little stay in the hospital here in a couple of months - and I will be much less worried now that I know she is o.k.  Anyway, so back to the birthday... we went out for some asian cuisine, which has kind of become a little tradition for Andy's birthday.  My gift for Andy was a watch.  Then, Sunday, after church, Andy had some time to play ball with his number one girl.  I'm not sure which one of them enjoys there time together more.     




For dinner, we had the Rozmus family over, and Rod and Zoe cooked up some fantastic food.  We had ham, and sour cream potatoes, and green bean casserole, and seven layer salad, and cake.  Andy also scored some sweet gifts.  He got a lot of cooking supplies, and a book, some clothes, and some cash.  Stella got a gift too.  Karen wanted to make sure she didn't feel left out.



I made Andy a cake that I hoped would make him not miss home so much.  I decorated it to look like the rocky mountains.  It's not the best cake ever, but what can I say...I am no professional.






2 comments:

Joneel said...

Lissy, you are so modest when you talk about the cake you made Andy.
It's adorable. Thanks for putting all the pictures in the post. It's fun to see what was going on.
I had to chuckle in one of the pictures where both Andy and STella are looking down, and their eyelashes look identical.

Deb said...

Thanks for posting as I, too, was hoping to see pics of the fun and the cake. Well done, M! And happy birthday (again), Andy!! I hope you had a great day...I sure missed celebrating it with you. :)