Thursday, November 27, 2008

Burned

A couple of weeks ago Stella, Andy, and I were in the lobby of an Apartment complex.  There was a fireplace, the kind with glass fronts, and I thought nothing of it.  Im my Grandma's house, where we used to live, there was a similar fireplace, and we used to sit against it to get warm.  It never got really really hot - not hot enough to burn you.  The fireplace in the lobby however, got really hot - but I didn't expect it.  Stella was running from me over towards Andy, and her hand swiped against the glass covering, and then she darted away from it and started to cry - sounding very hurt.  I went running towards the bathroom, but they were down a hallway - so Andy yelled at me to come over to the kitchenette  sink... where he was headed.  We had her hand under cold water for about 15 minutes, and then wrapped it up with some burn ointment and antibacterial creme.  She stopped crying after a while, but wouldn't move her hand.  She held it completely still - it was so sad but so sweet.  We continued to put "whole skin" on it every day, and kept it wrapped up for about a week, and it is doing so well.  You can barely tell anything ever happened to it now.  Poor little girl.  It is so sad when your baby is hurting, and there is nothing you can do to make anything better.  

Here she is the night it happened.  She really was such a little trooper. 


The day after - all blistered up.  


Three or four days after - (can't remember) starting to peel off and heal.  

5 comments:

Mari said...

Oh poor baby! I would have cried too.

Joneel said...

OH MY GOSH !!! That is terrible.
I'm sure glad that it healed up well.

Deb said...

Oh my word! Poor little thing. She looks like she got her smile back. That must of hurt like crazy!

Deb said...

Oh my word! Poor little thing. She looks like she got her smile back. That must of hurt like crazy!

Melissa said...

They burn looks terrible! Poor baby!