Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stella - the wild child - with perfect timing

So I decided two days ago, that I would go buy one of those little toys that kids can push around and walk behind at a consignment store near our house, because bending over to hold Stella's hands everywhere she wants to go gets pretty tiring.  The first time I went to the store, Stella fell asleep maybe a minute before we pulled into the parking lot, so I turned around and went home.  A couple off hours later, I made my second jab at it and drove down to pick up a walking toy.  A couple of weeks ago, I had tried this already, but Stella cried when she realized the toy moved.  It freaked her out.  So anyway, we get there, she tries one out, and she loved it, as long as one hand was on the toy, and the other one was in my hand.  So this didn't completely solve the having to bend over and help her out problem, but I thought it was a start.  When we got home, I had Stella try it out once.  She walked with it one time across our very small living room, and I was proud.  But then she really surprised me.  She was standing, like she often does now a days, and then took three steps.  She has only taken single steps up until this point, so three in a row are a big deal!  Now the toy seems semi useless - she can use it to practice and to get faster, but I thought man, perfect timing.  10 mins after I put money out for something, you prove that after all you didn't need it that much.  At least she likes playing with the little flaps and activity things on the front side of it.  ;) 
  


Untitled from Melissa Smith on Vimeo.

6 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

yeay stella!! jagger can finally walk now too...although still prefers to crawl. she is so cute...just love her.

Mari said...

Yay, she did it! I love watching kids learn how to walk, it's so cute!

basquegirl said...

Melissa,
Yes! Come to Idaho. We do not have super crazy weather...and then I could pay you to take all my pictures and make all my videos! Dang...you are talented and I am jealous. Cute girl there!

Joneel said...

I LOVE IT !! She is so cute when she walks. It's so fun to see how
excited she is to learn how to walk. LOVE THAT BABY !

The Cherry Family said...

Savannah was watching this with me and she was waving and clapping for Stella! It is so amazing when they learn how to walk, except that they're so much more mobile and get into everything! She does look so excited to have learned something new though.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull stuff! Tell her Grandpa says way to go!