Wednesday, May 21, 2008

11 Months!! AHHH!










11 things about Stella at 11 mos.

1. She love love loves TV.  We do not get cable, so actually what she loves are educational videos...(learning to read, sign language, spanish sing alongs, etc.)  but we are keeping the "educational" part a secret from her, just in case that word rubs her the wrong way.

2. She still is not all that fond of eating.  Now, she mainly likes to "taste" food by putting it in her mouth for a second, and then grabbing it out with her hands, or spitting it out, so that she can throw it on the floor.  

3. She has taken a few steps.  She is nervous to walk.  She concentrates so hard the times she's attempted a step, but usually she just stands until she wants to move, and then in a very controlled manner, squats down to her hands and knees, and crawls off.

4. She is now in the 18 pound range.  She recently has grown a ton.  Being that she now uses bottles again really helps.  She has apparently realized that in the car she is stuck there anyways, and so she often graciously eats and eats, or drinks really, away.  LOVE IT!  I am glad to know she is healthy.  She is also tall.  Around 30 inches last time we checked.  Growing like a weed these days.

5. She can finally...(I cannot stress finally enough) entertain herself for about 10 minutes when she wants to.  It has to be when she decides, but that is great!  I will take any little section of time I can get.  

6. She "says" a few words... very very babbled... but we think we are translating correctly.  Some are, whoa (when she falls or anything like that), Pooh (as in whinnie the pooh), Food (actually pronounced ba by her... but it definitely means food, maybe she gets it from bottle?).  Thats all I can think of right now.

7. She has a strong belief that she is to be the speaker in Sacrament meeting every Sunday.  She loves to blurt out many many different things, and we have had to take her out I think every meeting since she was 3 mos.  Hmmm...I bet this one will only get worse too.  

8. She loves to "play" with other little kids her age.  She is very social right now, and it is cute to watch.  She loves to pull every book at her level off the bookcase.  If I try to clean them up while she is awake, she will come stop me, or come take the books back off before I can put them all up.  There is no doubt in my mind that her intent is soley to make a mess - doing whatever may be necessary to achieve that goal. 

9. She has reverted to her old not sleeping through the night thing again.  Last night it was 6 times that she woke up.  Hello...nighttime is for sleeping, she does not understand.  I am hoping this is only because she is teething and has been the last week and a half.  (PLEASE!!!)

10.  Speaking of teething... she is getting her 4 teeth in on top.  Two have poked through, the rest are taking their time.  She is going to look so old!

This next one is technically more than one thing, oh well.
11.  Cords are her thing.  If there is a cord, she is going to yank on it.  She loves pictures of Jesus.  She will not stay sitting in a shopping cart.  She has started to cuddle a little more:).  She pulls even the little clips out of her hair now... great!  If I am on the phone, she gets jealous of the person on the other side, and has to sit (crawl all over) on my lap.  She loves to read books with mom and dad, especially Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?     



9 comments:

Ashley K said...

She has to be one of the most stylish kids I know. I love all her outfits. She's growing up way too fast.

Taryn said...

I know I've said this before, but you take such great pictures! Nate already weighs more than Stella, and he's 3 months behind her, but on the other hand, he likes to eat-can you tell? :)

I was laughing that she always has to be the Sacrament meeting speaker! Didn't you take for granted being able to sit through 3 hours of church ? She really is the most stylish baby I've ever seen too!

Taryn said...

Oh, and what signing video do you use? I want to get Nate going on that. I have the Baby Einstein one for Nate, but he's really not into it at all.

Kristie Lee said...

She is soooo cute! I can't say that enough! It was fun to read about all the little things she does. That is great that you have it all documented... something I stink at. :)

alma and nicole smith said...

this is a great post! she is getting so big! did you make that dress in the 1st couple of pictures?! i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. i want one just like it...oh wait, it's a little immodest for me...and might make me look pregnant :) i wish we lived closer together. when is the next time we will see you guys?!

Andy and Melissa said...

I did make the dress. I am thinking of selling them. All different fabrics.

Joneel said...

Love the pictures. As usual. I'm
so glad you take them for all of our enjoyment. I wish i could just reach through the computer screen and squeeze and hug her.

Elizabeth J. said...

Oh Melissa she is so beautiful, just like her mommy :)

I love the pillowcase dress! I am working on one for Megan. I am so NOT crafty, so we'll see how it turns out.

She is going to be ONE soon!!! Ahhh! I can't believe that Megan turns TWO next month! AND guess what? They weigh the same and Stella is only one inch shorter than Meg!!! Megan's going to grow any day now...any day...

I love the Plaid Dress, so cute! I was showing Adam your blog and he said "It looks like she is a great Mom." For REAL!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

She is getting so much older! I can't believe it - What a gorgeous gal! And the waking up at night thing . . . Annabelle still does it and she is 2 1/2, but it seems to come and go in waves with being sick, or traveling or stress or whatever. Is that comforting or not? haha sorry :)