Sunday, September 2, 2007

The real "worlds safest beach"



About 3 and a half miles from our house there is an amazing lake. Lake Murray to be exact. It is 41 miles long and 14 miles across. The Damn is a quarter of a mile thick at the base. It is beautiful. We have been there three times so far because we love it so much. There are turtles that pop their heads out of the water, plenty of people joy riding, and there must be a ton of fish for all the fishermen that hang out there at night. The water is a perfect 88 degrees. Can you believe that? 88 degrees! And if you thought the waves at Carpinteria beach were small, you should see these. Perfect for us carefull types:). Stella enjoyed herself. She loves the water. We have found our new favorite hang out. These pictures don't quite do it justice of course, but maybe you can get a glimpse of how beautiful it is.


















Oh yeah - if anyone is looking to join us out here in good old South Carolina, there are some beautiful homes right on the water for very reasonable prices. Just thought I would throw that in there.

5 comments:

Joneel said...

OH MY GOSH !! I want to squeeze Stella to life!! hee hee. I love the pictures Melissa and Andy. They are making me want to scream or squeal maybe. You know what I mean probably. = ) Dang, you guys just look so beautiful in those beautiful surroundings. I'm happy you've found a fun place to hang out. Love ya.

Joneel said...

Oh man, I have to add a few comments. Gosh, Melissa, thanks for posting so many pictures. Melissa, you are so adorable. Andy, your hair looks especially good. Stella, love the bow. XOXO

Anonymous said...

I like your hair longer like that Andy. Melissa, you are a hottie.

Deb said...

I agree with Joneel and Julie, all three of you look fantastic... and happy. Melissa, you totally look like you're a movie star in the pic where you are holding Stella up close to you and you're looking down and her. It also looks like you guys are at the ocean, not a lake. I know you'll think I'm always jealous... but I'm SO jealous you have a such a pretty new hang out!

alma and nicole smith said...

alma was telling me about how cheap those homes are there!!! that looks like a great place! i love the pictures of you and stella in the water!...what beauties!!