Saturday, April 24, 2010

The fire at our apartments...

Here are some pics of the fire at our apartments tonight. We are so grateful we weren't really affected. Shaken up, definately, Stella is pretty scared. But other than that we just smell like we have been camping, and have a really good excuse to buy some fire ladders for the windows. So far it appears everyone is accounted for. Some pets were trapped in the homes, which breaks my heart, but I am so grateful they think all people made it out in time.

These first two Andy took about 20 minutes after we went outside, So the firemen had already been working on it for a while...


The firemen are still out there on the extended ladders spraying the building... now 5 hours later... and they have set up camp with a big tent and truck of food and blankets, etc, so they will most likely be here all night. I am grateful for this because knowing they are out there will help me actually get some sleep tonight.

These pics are from news websites:)















4 comments:

moultriefam said...

just looking at these pictures makes me want to cry, how devastating for all those families

Partyof9 said...

Thanks for sharing these! Wow.

When we were at the cold stone across the street and saw that smoke I was so worried about you guys.The first thing I did was call you. I am so glad you guys are ok! Please, let us know if we can do anything for you guys OR help the victims.

PS. I hope you don't mind if I use some of these pics for my blog.
Hugs!

Joneel said...

Hey baby, glad that you guys are o.k. I'm really sad for the trauma that it caused everyone. I'm so happy that the little girl was safe. Phew. You never think that you will have a fire that close. MAN.

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, Melissa! I am so glad that this wasn't your actual apartment unit. So scary...