Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa

The "Grandparents", all 4 of them (and aunt Deb) came to town for Sterling's Blessing, and Stella was in heaven. She has finally learned who all of her Grandparents are, and can now enjoy having them around, rather than just be scared to death the whole time that some stranger is giving her way too much attention. My parents came the week before the blessing, and Andy's parents came for the week after. Stella - of course, got spoiled. She got presents, ice cream, books and books and books read to her, balloons, bubbles, stayed up way past bedtime, didn't have to sit in her highchair, songs sung to her, and the list goes on and on. (I am paying for all of the mayhem now... she is adjusting back fairly well, except for the eating part - she still just wants milkshakes and doesn't want anything to do with protein.)


While in town, my parents really enjoyed themselves. Andy always said that my Dad was born to be a Grandpa. I believe he was born to be a lot of things - he was always a fantastic Father, and my Mom gets so many compliments on what a wonderful Husband she has, but it is true... I think his favorite thing ever is being a Grandpa. He could talk to you for hours and hours about his grandkids. He has always dreamed of taking all of his grandkids for a month every summer on a cross country trip to see something new in his fifth wheel - with or without their parents - and I say... go for it! Let's do it Dad! I love making memories like that. He was also able to do something else he loves to do, but doesn't have enough time for. He cooked, and cooked, and cooked. My Dad loves to cook - it is one of the many ways he loves to be creative, so he took the opportunity to do so while he didn't have work getting in the way. We enjoyed this as much as he did too! My Mom was also in Heaven. Pretty much anytime my Mom is with her Family, she is as happy as can be. She made sure to soak up all the time she could with all of us - to hold her over till her next visit.


My parents were in town at the perfect time to help celebrate one of our Families Best Friend's ever birthday - Karen!


While Grandpa and Grandma Smith were in town, we went to Charleston for a visit. While we were there we saw Fort Moultrie, the battery, market street, Isle of Palms, the citadel, and Andy's old friend Joe. Joe is someone I have heard a lot about. Many of Andy's stories include him, but they had lost touch. Andy looked him up, and his last address was in Charleston, so he called him while we were out there, and sure enough...He found him. It was nice to meet him, and I'm sure Andy is excited about doing more things with him while we live so close.






Andy's Dad also did a seminar while they were out here. Andy and I enjoyed being able to attend that, and Stella enjoyed getting ice with Grandma from the ice machine in the hotel during the seminar. Audrey and I went to get pictures, and Duane walked in with Audrey, so the lady who did mine thought she was doing Duane. She was pleasantly surprised when she came out from the breakroom to see me sitting in her chair, and not Duane. Andy and I also got to attend the temple - something hard to do with small children, and Family far away. It was nice to be able to be there - even if it was short and sweet.



Anyway, we enjoyed having time to visit with our families, and show them around our stomping grounds. We Love You All! Here are some picture I have taken since everyone left... not too exciting, as you can see in the last one - Stella is quite fond of looking at a certain someone these days.





7 comments:

Joneel said...

You captured some great shots of those darling kids. I loved every minute of my time out there. So glad that your Dad finally got to come out too. It was nice having that extra set of hands, he's such a handy man. ha ha. Almost a play on words. hee hee. Hey, was Deb there such a short time, that she didn't even get in a picture?
SAD

Partyof9 said...

Great post! Sterling is getting so big. Stella is so darling.
How fun to have family in town for a nice visit and ...help! =)
Karen and I share the same birthday. She came to my home last year to wish me a happy birthday and to tell me she ( and another lady) were all born on March 5th!
Now that my kids are getting older, my parents totally take my kids on vacations and without us too. This year, my twins will go out to California with them and then on to Idaho to visit their dad. It is nice when they are old enough to do that.

Remember, I am here if you need anything. I knew family would be in town so I haven't wanted to bug BUT let me know if you need someone to talk to, want to hang out or need me to run and get something for you. K?!

Have a great day!

The Cherry Family said...

I absolutely L O V E the picture of Stella in the black and white outfit with the pink bow and curly hair. Priceless. And I can't believe how big Sterling is getting. What kind of milk are you producing? Milk with Steroids? J/K. Only a few more weeks til our baby boy is here!

Jessica and Tim said...

I love having family around to help and to also have adult conversation with. It really looks like you had a great few weeks. I love how cute your kids are!

Deb said...

Can that little blondie get any cuter? LOVE the straight on face shot (you know, the perfect one) and the shot of her looking at herself in the mirror. So funny and cute.

David said...

Great photo. Cute kid.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.