Friday, June 20, 2008

Stella the ONE year old!





So I wrote this post on Stella's birthday, but couldn't get it all the way done...so it is just getting published today.  sorry.  Pregnancy is, unfortunately, just as I remember it...or maybe even worse.  I have been feeling horrible once again.  In the beginning, I really thought maybe this time would be better.  Well, that dream is long gone - so posting on the blog has obviously not been my first priority.  Posts may be few and far between, but I will try.  Anyway - on to the post from Stella's big day!
  


Today was Stella's first birthday.  It was her party and she was going to cry if she wanted to.  She is currently teething, and possibly a little sick as well, so her mood was not the most pleasant of moods.  I am currently sick as well, pregnancy related and non pregnancy related unfortunately, so I also did not get to do many of the things I was planning on doing for her birthday.  I had a cake envisioned in my mind, picture ideas floating through my head, an outfit to sew, and the list goes on... but I did not get any of it done.  Instead, Jeramia (the boy I babysit) and I did a little photo shoot with Stell today, but she was not happy for most of it, so good pictures are sparce, and then we went and bought Stella a mini birthday cake.  Boring, I know.   I was really hoping to do some exciting things because I think it would have helped me feel more excited about this day rather than a little sad that Stella isn't a tiny little baby anymore, but I did ok even without all the hoopla.  I am a little sad, but I think that being pregnant helps me to enjoy Stella getting older, rather than just wanting to keep her tiny, because I know that soon enough there will be another tiny little bundle, so I can just enjoy Stella in the stage she is in. 


Some things about Stella at 1 Year!

She is a climber.  She loves to climb on everything, but especially the couch and bookcase.  She will climb up onto the couch, and then climb up onto the back of the couch (which is not against anything in our house) so we have to watch her very closely these days.  I used to be able to leave her alone for a second while I ran to the restroom really quick, but I can't do that anymore.  She is too wild.  

She loves to bang on doors.  If Andy or myself goes into a room and shuts the door, she will go over to it and bang on it and yell until she gets it open, or we come open it for her. 
 

She initiates games of peekaboo by opening her mouth really wide in a surprised look.  When you catch on and open your mouth too, she hides her face behind the couch, or a blanket, or whatever is near her.  

She is anti eating.  This is a struggle every day.  She used to eat really well from Andy, but now she has learned how to spit things out, so even if we can shuv it into her mouth, it doesn't mean she has to eat it.  I am hoping this has more to do with teething than anything else...we will se
e.

She bats her eyes at strangers - little flirt.

When she wakes up in the mornings, or from her naps, she cries until I come in the room, and then she points to her teddy bear, or her zebra, both of which are in her crib, and wants me to pick them up and play with them for her.  

She holds phones up to her ear.  She also calls people - so we can't let her just play with our phones very often, which is very upsetting to her.  

She dances when she hears music.  She has done this for a little while, but her movements are getting bigger.  It is so cute to watch.    

She can give hugs.  If you tried to hug her before - she would just push you away.  She still does that sometimes, but once in a while, she will hold onto you and let you enjoy a little hug action.  

She has started to dislike her baths...again.  I thought we were past this.....nope.

She can fold her arms to say a prayer.  She doesn't always do it when we ask her - but when she does we feel so proud.

She weighs 19 pounds 2 ounces and is 30 inches long.

Hopefully I will have a video of the presents and cake experience posted soon... but it will have to wait for now.



10 comments:

moultriefam said...

It was good to see you guys while you were here. She is such a cutie, I'm sure she had a great birthday even though it wasn't what you wanted. When you feel like it, I finally got my blog up and going, check it out sometime. moultriefam.blogspot.com

The Cherry Family said...

The pictures are really cute. Adorable white dress. Hope you get feeling better. I called you on Monday afternoon, but I guess you weren't home. Or maybe you were sleeping, which would be good.

Mari said...

Those pics are cute, especially of her folding her arms! Love it. Sorry you're feeling sick, hopefully that passes soon. Happy b-day Stella!

Mike and Katie said...

well happy belated birthday to stella! That stinks you are really sick with this one too....but I am sure it is all worth it in the end! Those are adorable pictures!

Anonymous said...

melissa was so good to see you and andy And Adorable stella shes a pretty little girl ..hope you are feeling good . hang in their this to shall pass the morning sickness that is... Happy bday stella.. hope to see sometime at carpenteria all of us let try for next year right?? love and hugs shelly J

Jamie said...

Finally a post! I check your blog more frequently than I should.

Stella is such a little doll--so precious! Isn't it hard to believe that we ever thought she was going to be a boy? Wow!

Also, I'm sure you know that Tori Spelling is naming her daughter Stella. Good taste.

Deb said...

It was SO fantastic to see you guys, even though it seemed way to short with way too little catching-up. I'm glad to see the birthday pics, too. She's always cute...even when giving you attitude! :) Thanks for keeping it up even though you feel like garbage. I check in on you pretty much daily. It's always nice to be surprised with something new. Hang in there!!!

The Luisi Famiy said...

Happy birthday Stella! Melissa you look maazing. When are you due? Hope all is well.

Joneel said...

Love you one year old Stella. Hope you are feeling better before long Melissa. So glad we got to see you guys.

alma and nicole smith said...

happy birthday stella bell! she is too cute! i love the pic of her folding her arms! jagger does it too, but only for a second.. i think its a little confusing to him to hold our hands at the dinner table, but fold them everywhere else?? hope you guys are doing great! we miss you, but it sure was great to see you at twin lakes. ps..could i get some pics from that when you have time?? thanks :)