Thursday, November 15, 2007

little trooper


I recently visited this absolutely huge children's consignment store that is super close to our house. Most of their stuff - unfortunately - is kind of junky, but I wanted a jogging stroller really badly, and they are fairly expensive. So I thought I would give this store a try. Well...I found one with Andy's help, and I love it! Stella also seems to enjoy it, because going outside is one of her very favorite things. If she is screaming her head off- which is pretty often lately- you can simply walk to the front door and put your hand on the nob, and she suddenly shuts up! So anyway...this morning I went on a run (slow jog actually), thinking nothing of the clouds above. You would think that after it rained all night, I might be a little hesitant about going outside - but no, not me, not today. In fact, I didn't even notice the clouds above until the first little sprinkle hit my nose. And by this time I was far enough from home that it didn't matter how fast I could run...it was obvious we were doomed. So I turned around, and headed straight into the pouring rain for home. Stella was so funny, closing her eyes and making little grunting noises. Poor thing was probably wondering why I wasn't doing anything even though she was obviously uncomfortable. We finally (remember - slow runner) made it home and into the covering where I took these pictures of Stella, our parking lot, and the hood of the stroller that unfortunately doesn't block little babies from rain that is being blown directly into their little eyes.


4 comments:

Joneel said...

Hey, I think you found the perfect way to get your jogging speed up.
Go out in a rain storm. hee hee

Larsen Family said...

haha..you are so funny. I love going to the consignment shops. i have found a lot of good things there for cheap. its usually 1 good treasure among a lot of not very good items...but that's okay...a diamond in the rough...
yea...makenna does ask for daddy all the time because he is always gone studying for finals. so how arey ou surviving with andy preparing for finals?? it's pretty hard for me. i miss seeing tyler! and so does kenna! i can't wait until dec. 14 when he takes his last final!

The Cherry Family said...

Stella looks so cute in her winter hat. I'm glad it fits.

alma and nicole smith said...

i love that picture of stella in the stroller!! her hat is so cute and hillarious! good for you to get one of those strollers and actually use it! i was offered one from my aunt, but declined because i knew it would just sit in storage :)