Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The last of our trip

Well, our trip is now over and it is bitter sweet. Bitter, because Andy now is back to the grindstone, and we love to be with our families - However - you cannot deny the sweetness you feel when you are back home after being away for so long. Stella was soo excited to be home. She was talking away to her bear mirror - she missed it the most I think - and we all know sleeping in your own bed is wonderful. During the last part of our trip - we were able to celebrate my Brother Tyler's birthday with him. Cake is always a good thing!




On New years Eve, We went to Aaron and Cari's house and had some crab legs, fondue, etc. etc. Stella was able to have some fun with her cousins too. I can't believe it is 2008! Crazy how time flies. 2007 was a great year for us - so we are looking forward to this next year as well.


While in Colorado we were also able to go to the Air Force Academy. Andy loved the trip down memory lane, and I really enjoyed getting to see where Andy spent so much time and felt proud of him - especially when I saw the football stadium. I always kind of wish that I would have known Andy while he was playing football - but we all know that I would probably have been banned from the games because I would start beating up the ref's if I thought they made a bad call, so it is probably better I didn't.





We also enjoyed a night of bowling. I lost big time - no surprise there. I had to put some pictures because they are oh so entertaining.








Andy thoroughly enjoyed our trip up to the mountains. We had a fire - cooked some lunch - burned some marshmallows! - had hot chocolate - shot some guns - and enjoyed the cool fresh air. Stella did not enjoy the loud gunshots, but did pretty well considering she could not be put down to explore since it was so wet.





Oddly enough, we did not see one snowstorm while in California or Colorado - in fact it was pretty warm for us the whole time. Stella also did very well on the planes. My BFF Rashel gave me the tip to ask if there were enough empty seats to take the carseat on the plane with us, and that would help Stella sleep. Well - it worked on all but one of the planes, and so traveling with her was not nearly as tough as it could have been - Thank you Thank you!!

5 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

so glad that worked for you. it is such a blessing that they allow that, and for free!!!

The Cherry Family said...

SHELLY: I love the goofy family photo! I also think Stella has beautiful blue eyes! She's a cutie. Hope you had a nice visit with your family.

Joneel said...

Hi Lissy, I can't believe I'm not the first one to comment on your blog. I'm kinda glad. = ) Love the new photos. That's neat you got to go see the air force academy
and feel proud of your hubby. It is too bad that you (and us too) never got to see him play football there. And I agree also, that there's nothing like being back in your own stomping grounds, and your own bed. Aaaaahhhhhh

Larsen Family said...

hey girl. i know what you mean about it being bitter-sweet. tyler and i looked forward to sleeping in our own bed but also miss family and the fact that he starts school on Monday! Its tough being a law school wife!
Stella looks really cute. You have a cute fmaily!

Deb said...

It was great to be able to spend some time with y'all. Amazing how the two oldest can stay so much the same and the littlest can be so different from the last visit! BTW: feel free to take down the doofus pic of me bowling!