Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stella



This June, Andy and I had the most exciting day of our lives! We welcomed our most precious little baby girl - Stella Smith. She is, of course, the most adorable thing to ever exist! On Monday night, right after I dropped Andy off at work, The first contraction came. As I paced around the house all night, all alone, freaked out, in pain, and not quite sure what to do, I finally decided to pick Andy up from work a little early. (Driving in labor is not something I would suggest to anyone) We went to the hospital and were sent home after a couple of hours. The drive back to the hospital a couple of hours after that was the worst of my life. I was having contractions about every three minutes and throwing up in Andy's water-bottle (He was so sweet to me!). After I was checked in, I was left alone because of an emergency my nurse needed to tend to. So...when she came back five or so hours later, Stella was ready, and had been for quite a while I'm sure. However, the doctor was at home in bed. So they called the doctor, and the baby sat waiting, crowning, in the birth canal for 45 mins or so, and therefore had some problems with her heart rate. Luckily though, she was tough enough and pulled through just fine. (Andy was pretty ticked at the hospital staff!) She was born at 12:25 A.M. Wednesday morning. She weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces and was 18 inches long. She is itty bitty. We had to get her some preemy clothes and those are even a little big. Andy and I can't stop talking about how beautiful and sweet she is. Andy says that there is nothing like holding her in his arms, and I melt every time she looks at me. Since we have been home, she has had some pretty bad jaundice, and has had to spend most of her days in a bili light suitcase. She doesn't enjoy that much - and we don't either, but today her score has dropped, so her stay in the suitcase is hopefully almost over! Our lives are forever changed, and we could not be happier. We love her more than anything in the world.

3 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you two. What a beautiful baby girl! It only gets more and more fun!

The Cherry Family said...

Hey guys,
i can't believe how different Stella looks already. She is so cute and has the most petite features. Those pictures are awesome. It is crazy how it "completely changes your life". I can't wait to see her again and Savannah says "HI" to her best friend.

alma and nicole smith said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! we cant wait to come and see her! thats quite the birth story...why must we have these crazy stories anyway? that tramatizing day seems to creep in every now and again and makes me nervous to have another one. well, she is definately sweet :) the smiths make pretty babies. good thing we inherited those genes...or our kids did anyway. i love the black and white pic of stella and andy, very sweet. hope all is well with you. hope recovery is going well. love you!