Monday, December 14, 2009

missing you x 2

This last little while has been crazy. Andy is now done with finals, but is still finishing up his 30-50 page paper. The kids and I have packed up and made an unexpected visit to Utah. My Sister is past due to have her little baby girl, and we are looking forward to a trip to Colorado for Andy's sis's wedding. Throw Christmas into the mix, and it gets really hairy.


My mom called me on Dec. 4th and told me that my sweet Grandma Lund wasn't doing to well. She was unresponsive, and they thought it could be hours, maybe days. We had heard she wasn't doing well before, she often struggled, but always managed to pull through (against her will). This time, I somehow knew it was probably it. Maybe an hour later I got the call that she had passed on. My Grandma Lund was the sweetest person ever. She was so genuine, caring, and humerous. We all loved her so much. We are sad we don't get to have her around anymore, but I am truly happy for her. She is where she wants to be. With her sweetheart, my Grandpa LaMar. Unfortunately Andy was right in the middle of finals, and had to stay behind while the kids and I flew out to Utah to see her one last time, and be with Family as we celebrated her.









Despite coming out here for a funeral, we are really having a good time. We have been able to see lots of family and friends. The timing worked out so that we should be able to see my sis Michelle's baby ... which was somthing I was really going to be sad to miss. ( now if the babe would just come... we are ready and waiting. ) If only Andy could be with me. I HATE being away from him. And I'm pretty sure our kids do as well. It feels kind of lonely to be in a place where we made so many memories ... without him by my side. Plus, he is the one in the family who would really appreciate all the snow we've been getting.














I finally got to meet my best friend Rashel's little boy Cooper. If only our kiddos could play together more. Maybe one day!

3 comments:

Partyof9 said...

It looks like you are having a wonderful time! Your family seems so sweet and wonderful.
I am sorry to hear about your Grandma passing on. It's always so sad to have our loved ones go but she has move on to the next phase. I am so glad we know what we know!

The little ones look precious as usual. Enjoy the snow and Merry Christmas!

PS. Say hi to your mama for me!

Deb said...

I'm glad you were able to go to UT for the funeral...and hopefully the baby! Sorry about your grandma. Enjoy the time with your family, try to enjoy the snow, and give those adorable kiddos my kisses. SEE YOU SOON!

Stacy Pettersen said...

So I'm guessing this means you won't be able to come over Thursday? I'm glad that you were able to go out for the funeral, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the baby!

When are you coming back?