Sunday, July 27, 2008

a little friendly competition




Yesterday, Andy challenged me to a watermelon eating competition.  I am always game for a little competition, and when it involves eating watermelon (one of my very favorite foods) I can't resist.  Well, we decided half way through that neither of us would ever win at a fair - even though we were literally shuving the watermelon into our faces.  We both ended up with sore lips... it's hard to open your mouth so wide while violently trying to scarf cold juicy watermelon, but it's really fun!  The winner got to pick what movie we watched last night.  Well, I am sure you will be able to guess who won... we watched Rescue Dawn.  I was really really close though.  Barely missed beating him, and I think it is because I had a hard time not laughing.  P.S.   It's really tough to eat watermelon quickly while laughing. 

By the way, Andy's piece looks bigger, but it was just wider, mine was taller.  Mine weighed more in fact, but I thought I would be able to eat it better because it wasn't as wide, so I picked it.  Maybe I picked wrong. Or maybe I just married a really superb watermelon eater.     

3 comments:

Joneel said...

That is hilarious. You should have had the video camera rolling.
Did you have to strip down to your bare skivvy's also? = )

Mari said...

If only we had pics of the actual watermelon consumption... Ha ha. Good contest.

Deb said...

You're pretty brave to take on Andy with that big ol' mouth of his. I'll bet you were both up peeing all night long too.... :)